Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i go through a ditch or a puddle in second gear, as i come out of it my bike coughs like it is going to stall out...and it actually did once or twice...

is this normal? i have a '05 foreman S 500 and it is only about 1 year old.

i never had this problem before...i just changed the oil and filter myself about two weeks ago...i don't guess that would have anything to do with it right?

please help me out...

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I doubt the oil change had anything to do with it.My Foreman stalled when the tailpipe was under water...Turned up the idle just a little and now it's fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problems with mine. I ran my vent lines from the carb, up to my handlebars. Doing that fixed my bike. I added a snorkel and have had no problems . I have put my bike in water up to the headlight, still no problems. You'll need to to get about 10 feet of 3/16 vent tubing from your local auto repair store. There are two lines, one on each side of the carb. Lift the seat and you'll see them.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Remember if you are running your vent lines to run the front and rear differential and your fan line as well. I plug the botom drain line as well. Might as well seal them all off, not just the carb..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
diagram

i am new to this riding in water thing, is there anyone who could maybe draw me a simple diagram to where these lines are and where to run them??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.