Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just ordered a 2"stretch and lift from Don and a 35% gear reduction for my 420. I have been looking at tires for over a week now and cant really make a decision. I have been running 27" outlaws for the last few years and decided to go bigger. Im in south louisiana and mainly mud ride. Seems like i see the BKTs quite a bit now and was wondering if anyone has experience with the AG tires on atvs?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Decided to go with the BKTs

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
How do you like them so far vs the Outlaws?

From what I've seen, if you have a bottom the BKT's are great. If you don't, you want the floatation of the Outlaws.

How does those ride compared to the Outlaws you took off?

I'm working on a 300 now that will have a 54% and was trying to decide what tires to run. Most people run 29.5x10x12 Outlaws with the 54 around here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you like them so far vs the Outlaws?

From what I've seen, if you have a bottom the BKT's are great. If you don't, you want the floatation of the Outlaws.

How does those ride compared to the Outlaws you took off?

I'm working on a 300 now that will have a 54% and was trying to decide what tires to run. Most people run 29.5x10x12 Outlaws with the 54 around here.
On hard pack the BKTs ride better without the chopping at low speeds. I would have to say that i really do like them. I switched from the outlaws to knock out some of the flotation and the bkts definitely dont float but they still seem to paddle very well. I got off in several different spots that were real soupy and walked right through it, but i did hit one spot that just dug straight down ( it was very thick , when i stepped off it was waist deep) . Overall i find they performed very similarly to the outlaws but in my area i was able to go further than before.

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
Good to know. If I go that route I'll have to get new wheels though. I mostly ride in Mississippi River gumbo (clay based stuff that turns blue when it dries). It gets THICK.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That a sick looking honda. Your rad relocate kit did ypu have the oil cooler and moved it up as well? Or is it the same as a rubicon 500 DCT?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts