Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 27x12x12 executioners for the rear of my Foreman 450s. I'm thinking of getting 27x9x10 mega mayhems for the front. What are your thoughts on 9inch wide in the front and 12inch wide in the rear?

·
Premium Member
6,220 Posts
For my kind of riding skinny front/wide rear is ideal, but if mixing tire brands I'd make sure they are more or less the same actual size vs what the sidewalls say.

I know Executioners run small. If Mega's run similarly small you should be ok. If they run big or true to size you might have a substantial difference in overall diameter, which wouldn't be good in 4wd on hardpack.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just measured my executioners, not sure exactly how much air pressure is in them right now, but they seem to be 26inch or a hair less. I found a video of a kid measuring his 27inch mega mayhems and they also appear to be around 26 inches. I don't love relying on low quality YouTube videos, does anyone else run 27inch exec or mayhems? What sizes do yours measure?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mud throwers.com suggests measuring the circumference of the tire not on the atv, then dividing by pi (3.14). I measure my 27x12x12 Executioners and got 83.25 inches divided by 3.14 equals 26.5 inches.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Both manufacture websites post those tires in 27 as true to height but short on width. ITP has the wheel width and I'm guessing they used the max psi to get the readings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts