Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put 27" mudlites on my 500 foreman and the back are scrubbing the fenders. Any tips on cutting the fenders back? (what tools to use)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
27's are rubbing the back finder? I used a box cutter to shave off the finder to put 28's on. I now have 27's and they still rub the finder brackets up front when I turn full to the left.

·
Registered
158 Posts
A better and more accurate way to cut them is to run a strip of masking tape along the line you would like to cut it. Then carefully take a razor knife and score it along the tape edge several times until you are about half way through the plastic then bend it at the cut and finish trimming it off. This method will leave a nice clean factory like edge.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
QUOTE ("big_daddy_bigfoot":202q3ew0)
27's are rubbing the back finder? I used a box cutter to shave off the finder to put 28's on. I now have 27's and they still rub the finder brackets up front when I turn full to the left.

When are you going to bite the bullet and just bend the da*n things

·
Registered
394 Posts
i am running 27" vampires and i dont know what rub yall are all getting, unless they were bent before i bought the bike(used)...i can tell on the back fenders where the tires have rubbed on the plastic and worn away some of it, i have had my wheels all the way to the left and all the way to the right and i dont think they rub the front fender brackets at all

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have no clearance issues in the rear with my 27s. They only rub the brackets in the front at full lock.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
QUOTE ("Eric":31u1imoj)
QUOTE ("big_daddy_bigfoot":31u1imoj)

When are you going to bite the bullet and just bend the da*n things [/quote]

I'm going to someday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.