Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to the dealership about picking up a new Foreman 500. When I asked about tires he said I shouldn't go any larger than a 26" tire because I will get better performance than with a 27" tire. I was thinking of going with the Gators or the Mudzilla's. Most of my riding will be along lake bottoms. What do you guys think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
29.5's would probably require a lift, jet kit, clutch, blah, blah, blah. Right?? I don't want to do that immediately.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i would say go with the 27s because i bought 26s then got lift springs and a lift and i am regretting it i want 27s so i say buy the 27s

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
If your mostly in the mud then get the Zillas. If you run 26s instead of 27 you are only sacrificing 1/2" of clearance. And you will be suprised how much power it will take to turn even 26s over in real thick mud. You may end up wanting a pipe if you get Zillas, but if your concerned about trail riding and do not want to add anything to the to the machine than Gators or Mud Bugs would be a good choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put 27" swamplites on my bike and they fit fine....haven't tried 'em out in the mud yet but the ride awesome on the trails. I've onl ahd the bike for two days so I'll just have to see how they handle the gumbo once duck sseason gets here.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Get 27 outlaws or bi/tri claws

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! The mud I'd be hitting would mostly be water/clay mixture along the lake bottom. The reason I was thinking smaller tires is so I can spin them to keep them clean.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT A 06 FOREMAN AND PUT 26`S ON IT AND RUNS REAL WELL I SOME GUYS THAT PUT 27'S ON THERES A STARTED BREAKING STUFF BUT THAT WAS WITH STOCK AXLES

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("FOREMANRON":3f69nlv2)
I JUST BOUGHT A 06 FOREMAN AND PUT 26`S ON IT AND RUNS REAL WELL I SOME GUYS THAT PUT 27'S ON THERES A STARTED BREAKING STUFF BUT THAT WAS WITH STOCK AXLES
I haven't heard of a lot of breakages yet on the 500s, my 26s will keep up with most everybody and sling better roosts!

·
Registered
52 Posts
THE BREAKAGE ONE WAS ON AN FOREMAN 450 BROKE THE REAR DRIVE SHAFT PULLING ON SOMETHING THE OTHER WAS A YAMAHA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts