Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I’m new here I got a brand new Honda 420 foot shift rancher been riding all day it is snorkeled and snorkeled tight but today I went deep and the head unit went under and it keeps switching and all kinds of stuf but it’s running like crap shutting off and all kinds of stuf what do I do won’t stay running for long unless I rev it up and let it sit driving it acts like it wants to die!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm assuming you kept the air-box and air filter and put the snorkel up stream from that. Having said that, double check that your air-box doesn't have water in it. If it does report back. Either-way you want to standup the Rancher on the back wheels this will help drain any water out of the exhaust. Next you are going to want to do an oil change (I have to assume you got water in the engine). I sunk my 2008 Rancher (broke through a small wooden bridge) and did not have time to curt the engine and after getting water in my engine I needed to do 3 oil changes before I could no longer detect water in the oil. If you are certain you did not get water in the engine remove all the wire harnesses you can find, dry them with compressed air and apply dieletric grease before re-connecting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts