Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thank you for accepting my membership to the community.

I purchased a 2020 Rubicon Camo Deluxe this week.

My previous ATVs were 2002 Honda Foreman 450es (28,000 miles), 2005 Honda Foreman 500es (16,000 miles) and I traded-in my 2008 Honda Rincon 680 (29,500 miles).

Looking forward to installing the accessories I picked up. Warn winch, hand and thumb warmers, fender bags, VIP Air fairing with mirrors, Kimpex back box, ITP SS rims and Maxxis Big Horn tires plus cables for 2 garmin GPSs.

I have attached pictures of the bike home from the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
welcome to the site
and congrats to you on a new ATv, pleas epost back how you like it as some miles add on it too!

and if you don;t mind sharing ,
where do you live at/ride a??, that your able to log so many miles on, I think that's great~

but here in my area, so little LEGAL places to ride, its hard to add that many miles on, going in more or less small circles LOl

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wow! That's a lot of miles. You must've been spinnin' those tires.

Those upright sections of the front bumper! Like a big pushbar, or battering ram. ;) That thing is sitting tall! No lift kit needed, eh?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks Good! You should list where you live/ride...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am from Shediac, New Brunswick, Canada. I do most of my riding in the southeast of the province.

There are dozens and dozens of ATV clubs in the province and most of them have trails developed from town to town.

We ride year round. Winter riding is very very popular. Hundreds of miles of groomed trails. A normal Saturday outing is 120 to 150 miles.

Everytime I go out on the ATV, I turn my GPS on when I leave and turn it off when I get back to the truck. I then download the track at home. I have record of every mile put on my ATVs over the years.

As an example, I have attached a screenshot of my Garmin Mapsource Master File showing my travels in the southeast portion of the province. I have also attached a couple winter riding pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey, I didn't know you were Canadian, 'eh' was just a figure of speech. :D

Insane amount of trails up there! We have some dedicated trail systems, and other undeveloped areas where you can ride all day and never see the blacktop or same trail, but that's a huge area in your map.

Love snow riding myself, we just don't always get enough snow. That 3rd pic, looks like everyone is running my tires!

·
Registered
5 Posts
When you have a chance to ring it out, let us know what your top speed is. Looks awesome by the way. Congrats.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome, glad to have ya aboard and congrats on the new purchase, sweet ride! Man, that jewel has some clearance right out of the factory, and that new front end looks awesome! And you dang sure log some miles, WOW! That's awesome! Keep us posted after the new toys are installed and how it performs for ya, looking forward to hearing all about it! 😁

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jealous of the usage. Mine is under 460 miles still since I bought it new many years ago. I wish the YFZ had mileage counter cause that one gets more miles put on it since I have had it longer and take it to motocross tracks for jumping and can ride around without tearing up lawns and ditches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That looks nice, I’ve decided on getting a 2020 Rubicon Deluxe too. All my local dealers are out of Camo’s, I’m ordering one tomorrow to receive on the next round. This will be my first ATV and not sure which Honda Accessories are worth ordering too, any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That looks nice, I’ve decided on getting a 2020 Rubicon Deluxe too. All my local dealers are out of Camo’s, I’m ordering one tomorrow to receive on the next round. This will be my first ATV and not sure which Honda Accessories are worth ordering too, any suggestions?
It all depends what kind of riding you do. I put on lots of miles and use the machine all 4 seasons. I have installed a Warn Winch, VIP Air windshield with mirrors, ITP Rims and Maxxis BigHorn tires, hand and thumb warmers, a Cargo Box on the back, gas can carrier, 2 GPS mounts and 2 fender bags. I just ordered a Strong Made Hitch Receiver. Every add-on, except the rims, are very handy items to have when I am riding. I also installed a Click and Go 2 Plow System for the driveway in the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
It all depends what kind of riding you do. I put on lots of miles and use the machine all 4 seasons.
Thanks for your input, I look forward to seeing you update a thread showing your mods (since I’m getting the same year/model). I ordered my Camo Rubicon Deluxe this morning with a-arm covers and skid plates. I’m retired and spend lots of time camping, less on my m/c, switching to my 1st ATV. I doubt I’ll develop a desire for deep mud, preferring more western desert or forests.

Ray

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you remove the bottom skid plate to install the plow mount or did you cut it out where it bolts to the frame?
To begin, the order of parts from bottom up: Lower plow attachment, skid plate, frame and then upper plow attachment cross plate.

First, I removed all the skid plate attachment points but I left the back of the skid plate still attached.

I then loosely installed the plow attachment cross plate that sits on top of the frame. I brought the skid plate up to the bottom of the frame. This let me identify and mark out where the ATV plastic on both sides would have to be cut out to allow proper installation of the lower and upper plow attachments.

Next, I cut approximately a 2 inch "U" shaped form out of the ATV plastic on both sides.

Because the skid plate is between the lower and upper plow attachments, the skid plate requires holes be drilled for the bolts that secure the plow attachments together. With the bolts in the upper plow attachment, I brought the skid plate up to the plow attachment bolts to verify that the drill points matched the provided skid plate drilling template that came in the box. I completely removed the skid plate from the ATV and using the template, I drilled the required bolt holes.

From there, I just had to button everything up. First, I made sure the top plow attachment cross plate (with the bolts inserted) was in the correct spot. Next was attaching the skid plate from back to front and passing the plow attachment bolts through the drilled holes. Last, I bolted up the bottom plow attachment to the upper plow attachment cross plate.

The beauty of the Click and Go 2 Plow is, when required, it can be attached in under 20 seconds using the winch and removed in 2 :) The con of the setup is that, because of the bottom plow attachment, I lose about 1/2 inch of ground clearance for a narrow point across the front middle of the ATV. I had this setup on the my Rincon for years and it never caused a problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your input, I look forward to seeing you update a thread showing your mods (since I’m getting the same year/model). I ordered my Camo Rubicon Deluxe this morning with a-arm covers and skid plates. I’m retired and spend lots of time camping, less on my m/c, switching to my 1st ATV. I doubt I’ll develop a desire for deep mud, preferring more western desert or forests.

Ray
I've being riding motorcycles for 35 years including road racing a Yamaha RZ350 in the 80s for five years and Canada Safety Council Instructor for 5 years after that. I bought my first ATV in 2001 (Foreman 450es). I've since put close to a combined 75,000 miles on my ATVs. I hardly drive my Yamaha FJR1300 and Honda CBR650F anymore. I have lost 2 motorcycle friends because of people using their cell phones. The paved roads have been deteriorating yearly because of lack of funding.

Nothing beats the serenity of putt putting along through the woods on the ATV. All nature and no traffic :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've being riding motorcycles for 35 years...

Nothing beats the serenity of putt putting along through the woods on the ATV. All nature and no traffic :)
I’m just cutting back on my on/off pavement miles on my NC700XD DCT due to noticing my drifting concentration levels on long rides (probably age related). Before becoming a single vehicle m/c accident statistic, wrapped around a tree or a skid mark on the wrong side of a drop off, I’ve added a stable 4 wheel ATV toy to continue my recreational pursuits. I figure now I’m good to go for at least the next five years to enjoy that serenity (retirement is priceless). As an unashamed newbie, I appreciate all sage advice.

Ray

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m just cutting back on my on/off pavement miles on my NC700XD DCT due to noticing my drifting concentration levels on long rides (probably age related). Before becoming a single vehicle m/c accident statistic, wrapped around a tree or a skid mark on the wrong side of a drop off, I’ve added a stable 4 wheel ATV toy to continue my recreational pursuits. I figure now I’m good to go for at least the next five years to enjoy that serenity (retirement is priceless). As an unashamed newbie, I appreciate all sage advice.

Ray
My advice is to drive slow and enjoy nature :) Slow speed on unknown trails will never get you into any trouble. If you come up on a tough spot, take the time to get off the bike and pick out your line. I drive slow because I might spook and miss spotting a moose, bear, lynx, hawk etc ... on the side of the trail and that is my great enjoyment.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Deluxe

Hi,

Thank you for accepting my membership to the community.

I purchased a 2020 Rubicon Camo Deluxe this week.

My previous ATVs were 2002 Honda Foreman 450es (28,000 miles), 2005 Honda Foreman 500es (16,000 miles) and I traded-in my 2008 Honda Rincon 680 (29,500 miles).

Looking forward to installing the accessories I picked up. Warn winch, hand and thumb warmers, fender bags, VIP Air fairing with mirrors, Kimpex back box, ITP SS rims and Maxxis Big Horn tires plus cables for 2 garmin GPSs.

I have attached pictures of the bike home from the dealer.
Hi, this is my first post and I too will be getting the Deluxe. I am leaning towards the metallic green, but am still on the fence. May I ask why you chose the camo option? Thanks, Surly

1 - 20 of 22 Posts