Honda Foreman Forums banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ive had some lucky lately with the colder temperatures (coincidence)? since ive greased a few connectors i could easily get to and also changing the oil thinking maybe some break in issues...hopefully does anyone have any updates to their bikes that wer having issues? did they get resovled? if so how?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I am new to this forum as Hondas rarely need a forum to discuss issues.

I have a 2015 foreman 500 with over 2000 kms on it and thankfully not a single issue. I just bought a new 2020 rubicon deluxe 520 EPS DCT... all the bells and whistles as a birthday present for the wife. From brand new, literally right off the trailer had issues going into reverse with the new actuation procedure. I thought it was me, but apparently not. Next, after the usual break in and babying the machine, the transmission shift was starting to act up. At first only on start up, would not go into gear. The standard line [-] on the LCD display. Get off and rock back and forth and typically your on your way. Yesterday, my boys took the machines out and the new one, the 2020 during riding wouldn't shift at all (was stuck in 3rd or 4 - whatever gear you would be in going 25-30 km/h). Was dangerous, my son almost flipped the machine - looking at the display [-] and not paying attention. He pulled over when it was safe to do so, turned the machine off. He then tried to turn it on, transmission was clicking and no success getting it into gear. Rocked back and forth and finally after 3 tries got it working again. Another 15 minutes of riding and it did it again. Exactly the same symptom - during riding would not shift at all - stuck in a particular gear. the weird thing is there are no codes to account for this. I have called the dealership but allegedly without codes they cant help. I am very frustrated. First: has anyone experienced this, and second, can anyone help with a call to action?

I love the Hondas but this fault is very dangerous. Frankly, I am shocked that the ECM/ECU cannot detect faults in situations like this. I would expect that the Honda Engineers would capture this type of fault in the firmware of the machine. The logic is simple and the feedback loop is trivial. Why can't they simply call a warning (speed sensor, shift command, shift verification)? Makes no sense to me.

Can anyone please help?
hi, Honda dealer here.. ALL 2020 & 2021 TRX-520 and 420 Automatics should get the PCM software update from Honda..
takes approx 10 minutes to upload , can be done at any proper Honda dealer.. the improvement to shifting varies., but in most cases it is an awesome difference., shifting is beautifully smooth, like its supposed to be.. if your machine shifts rough or has excessive shift shock, this is an update you will benefit from.. (assuming you dont have other issues like a faulty angle sensor etc.. ) hope thats helpful to some .. good luck..

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi, Honda dealer here.. ALL 2020 & 2021 TRX-520 and 420 Automatics should get the PCM software update from Honda..
takes approx 10 minutes to upload , can be done at any proper Honda dealer.. the improvement to shifting varies., but in most cases it is an awesome difference., shifting is beautifully smooth, like its supposed to be.. if your machine shifts rough or has excessive shift shock, this is an update you will benefit from.. (assuming you dont have other issues like a faulty angle sensor etc.. ) hope thats helpful to some .. good luck..
Here is a copy of the service bulletin. Major improvement after its been done.

Attachments

81 - 84 of 84 Posts