Honda Foreman Forums banner

2018 Honda Rubicon - PGM-FI flashing

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  s_k_b 
#1 ·
I'm new to the forum. I have a 2018 Honda TRX500FA6 Rubicon (DCT IRS EPS). It has 675 kms (420 miles). This spring when I fired it up, the PGM-FI light started flashing (2 slow- 3 fast). Any idea on how to diagnose the code? The book says to bring it to a dealer :(

On a slightly different note, I read through some of the threads on this forum (re: PGM-FI), and I do find the shifting in "auto" to be quite jerky. The dealer told me to let it break-in for 100 kms, but I am way past that point and no difference. One user on this forum stated letting the 2018 models break-in for 1000 miles ... sounds a bit excessive, no? Should it be shifting smoothly by now? Also, another question to the forum. My Honda cuts-out at 77 kph (48 mph), which sounds quite low to me. I realize that it isn't a speed demon, but my 2006 TRX350 goes faster.
Thanks

#3 · (Edited)
Hi Trout Brook Rider,
I tried running the ATV using hi test fuel, but no success. I did eventually order a new O2 sensor and that fixed the problem. I have yet to drive it for any distances, but at first glance, it appears to have fixed the issue. One thing I found interesting is that with the PGM-FI light on, the ATV would not go into 4WD. Since replacing the O2 sensor, it now goes into 4WD. Is this expected?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.