Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would make a 2018 Foreman sputter above half throttle, especially when going up an incline? I have not had time to check it out yet, but my first suspects would be to check the plugs, wires, air filter, and fuel filter. If that is not the issue, I will check the valves to ensure proper gap.

If anyone has had this problem, your input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gas going bad perhaps? It's too new for me to think anything else. Plug maybe if it has been idled a lot?

No warning lights from all the crazy sensors these things have these days? Those O2 sensors are apparently very sensitive to short run times if you subject your foreman to those. Any codes?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Run a little isopropyl alcohol in your fuel. Sounds like a fuel feed issue. Tank vent, fuel pump,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doubt
Gas going bad perhaps? It's too new for me to think anything else. Plug maybe if it has been idled a lot?

No warning lights from all the crazy sensors these things have these days? Those O2 sensors are apparently very sensitive to short run times if you subject your foreman to those. Any codes?
it’s the gas. I have ran a few tanks through it and refill after each ride.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Where are you located, and what type of fuel are you using, whats the temp outside

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Run a little isopropyl alcohol in your fuel. Sounds like a fuel feed issue. Tank vent, fuel pump,
Thanks, I will take a look at running the isopropyl alcohol through it. More like a fuel filter I would guess is the problem.
Where are you located, and what type of fuel are you using, whats the temp outside
I am just outside Charleston, WV

I use regular unleaded fuel

and the temp varies from below freezing to 60+ degrees in a day or twos time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I will take a look at running the isopropyl alcohol through it. More like a fuel filter I would guess is the problem.

I am just outside Charleston, WV

I use regular unleaded fuel

and the temp varies from below freezing to 60+ degrees in a day or twos time.
I have 11 atv’s in the garage. Never had this issue with any of them before. But this is the first fuel injected one in the bunch.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I run all hi test in my machines and add a little gas line antifreeze to the jerry can. Alot of the older machines had heated carbs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
How many miles on your Foreman? Is your air filter clean? Check your air intake area? Is there a fuel filter on that model that might be dirty? Maybe call a couple of dealers and ask their service department if they have ever heard of it, they may have and can tell you what it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts