Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a used winch off my old atv. when I went to try it I needed a new contactor so I got one and installed. the winch worked, but now and im not sure where in the process, but I blew the fuse to the main 2 fuse, and now I have a dead short, as soon as I turn on the key the fuse blows. im baffled as to what I did wrong, my atv has less than 150 miles so everything is like new. oh and I hooked thecontroller hot wire up to the white wire of the aux plug. sorry for the length just trying to get all the info out there

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would disconnect everything and make sure everything works again like it should then start over. Get a wiring diagram for the winch if you don’t have one already and follow it closely one wire at a time

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I unhooked all winch wiring, I still have a short circuit. if I hook up the winch only to the battery the winch works. but I don't know what I messed up or how to troubleshoot this problem

·
Registered
117 Posts
Will it start? Will anything work? Or is it still blowing fuse? You need to look at every electrical connection you touched and evaluate it, is it properly connected? My guess is you may have reversed a couple of wires if your still blowing fuses. Also look for any pinched wires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only wire I touched was the white wire at the outlet plug, which is now unplugged, currently looking for a pinched wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts