Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new to me Rubicon Deluxe DCT EPS. I know buying used could cause problems down the road, and was looking for advice on what to look for while checking out the ATV. I have found a used 2017 deluxe that is being sold for $7500, which is slightly above book, but it does have a few add ons including: a warn 2500 winch, full heavy duty aluminum skid plates, and hand warmers. The machine only has 150 miles on it so I'm not sure much could have gone wrong already.

Any advice on what to look for would be appreciated, or if you think it isn't worth that much. Thanks in advance and hopefully ill be joining HF soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That price doesn’t sound too out of line especially with the added accessories. But that really depends on what part of the country you’re shopping in. And you might be able to Negotiate a lower price. With only 150 miles on it I don’t think you need to worry about anything being wrong with it. I would make sure everything works and take it for a good test ride if you can. Also I would ask if the oil has been changed at least annually.
And welcome to HF. Happy new year

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wouldn’t buy a used DCT model myself. I would buy a manual shift model. You can do some damage in 150 hrs. Did they plow, tow, pull stumps. or bury it mudding? Who knows?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That price doesn’t sound too out of line especially with the added accessories. But that really depends on what part of the country you’re shopping in. And you might be able to Negotiate a lower price. With only 150 miles on it I don’t think you need to worry about anything being wrong with it. I would make sure everything works and take it for a good test ride if you can. Also I would ask if the oil has been changed at least annually.
And welcome to HF. Happy new year
Thanks for the reply. Im in Upstate NY (Utica/Albany) area. The listing says the oil was changed at 100 miles (but timeframe im not sure when that was), but thats definitely something would be looking at when I went to test drive it. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn’t buy a used DCT model myself. I would buy a manual shift model. You can do some damage in 150 hrs. Did they plow, tow, pull stumps. or bury it mudding? Who knows?
Is there a reason to stay away from the DCT? I figured it would make life easier as I plan to plow with it. It only has 150 miles not hrs on it so my guess is not many were used to get to that total. It was never used for plowing in the past, but as far as mudding I'm not too sure and you cant trust everyone unfortunately which is the only thing that had me a little worried. My main thought was not that much could have happened in only 150 miles, but thats why I wanted to ask and get everyones opinion on the matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The manual shift is stronger, especially for plowing. The old KISS principle applies here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The manual shift is stronger, especially for plowing. The old KISS principle applies here.
Thanks for the advice! What I had originally researched said something along the lines of plowing was made easier with DCT as your not constantly shifting, but what you said makes sense.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been plowing with DCT Rubicon for years without issue and before that a rancher with DCT. I personally wouldn't shy away from a DCT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the undercarriage real good for signs of scratches, dents, debris, & dents. Tell tale signs of abuse. Ask him why he is selling and like said before do a test ride. Honda makes good stuff and 150 miles is hardy many miles. If it is clean and checks out good it is probably worth it but dicker on the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts