Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2016 honda foreman 500 and im having an issue of the 4wd not engaging. im not getting any lights on the cluster when hitting the button for 4wd.(4wd or locker) so its like there isnt any power there. i checked the fuse, the fuse is good. the relay is clicking when fuse is taken out and put back in, so im assuming its good. i dont hear the actuator engaging at all. atv hasnt seen deep water or alot of mud but i still cleaned the connectors and diodes where the relays are. any help or direction would be grateful. bought this thing for hunting camp and for the kids to ride, but trying to get the kinks worked out. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you getting any codes. Sounds like the actuator is bad. Unplug the actuator and see if you are getting any voltage to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you getting any codes. Sounds like the actuator is bad. Unplug the actuator and see if you are getting any voltage to it.

no sir. no codes or any flashes. will check that next. i ordered a 4x4 swtich off of ebay, it was only $10 so ill try it out. should be here today hopefully. will update as i go. thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE- ok, so ordered a dif/4x4 switch from psn (powersports nation) ended up being the wrong one. the one on the bike has a grey plug and the new one has a orange. most of the ones ive been looking at for this bike have been orange. so not sure yet if previous owner made this one work from another year model etc. still trying to research that part. but while in the process of testing it out i decided to pull actuator and clean it up and to test if theres an obvious problem. i didnt have a multimeter and only had a test light on hand. so i got power from the plug from the switch but as im testing the relays are clicking. and all of a sudden im getting flash codes as to where i wasnt before. 9-1 is the flash codes. i plug it back up thinking this may be the issue for the flash code.so with the actuator still apart i touch the connections on the inside where the wires come in and the motor started turning. wasnt struggling or anything but i still cleaned it up just to be safe. but activating and deactivating 4x4 i wasnt getting any action in the actuator. sorry for the long paragraph but trying to detail as much as possible. hopefully someone has some input and can figure this out. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PROBLEM SOLVED! ended up being actuator. i ended up following instructions from this video and actually got it to working again. sounds strong so it may last a while, it may last a ride or two. but if you are a baller on a budget like me, maybe this video can help you.
thanks again for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts