Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Foreman 500, seeing if anyone can give me some leads on a issue. It will start and idle perfect, runs good good as long as you really baby it. Once I really start getting on it, it will bog down when I throttle it. A few lights come on as well. It when then die or have to slow down and shift to neutral quick and rev it to get it on. Then will be alright once again if babying it or will do the same thing. I think it is something electrical, but have no idea where to start. I at least looked over all the connections and what not and everything seems to be plugged in. Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Honestly sounds like fuel pump isn’t pushing enough psi under a good load . I have no idea how test it tho .

·
Registered
410 Posts
What type of fuel do you use? Do you take the bike on long rides or short ones?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What type of fuel do you use? Do you take the bike on long rides or short ones?
We usually ride from 20-30mins then break for a few the hit it again. It’ll we do it it though as soon as I start. I’ll crank it and let it warm up and then within 5 mins the issue is there. I try to run ethanol free but here and there if I don’t have it I use 93.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly sounds like fuel pump isn’t pushing enough psi under a good load . I have no idea how test it tho .
Do the load matter if it’s moving or not? If it’s in neutral I could rev it all day and not have it happen? Only when I’m actually moving it does it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do the load matter if it’s moving or not? If it’s in neutral I could rev it all day and not have it happen? Only when I’m actually moving it does it.
Yes, your going to need more fuel when in gear and moving

·
Registered
410 Posts
Are you in a warm area or are you northern US, might just need fi cleaner run through it, or if it's cold some gas line antifreeze

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you in a warm area or are you northern US, might just need fi cleaner run through it, or if it's cold some gas line antifreeze
I'm in NC. I'll try some injector cleaner too. It started this back in early Sept. Whet on a weekend trip to GA and ran fine for 2 days. Was playing around on a "high speed" track when it started. Only did it like twice that trip. Not it happens everytime you really start getting on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts