Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to this forum so thanks in advance for the help.

I have recently brought a 2013 power steering fuel injected foreman 500.

It has a crack in the front casing and was running rough. I have since replaced the front engine casing and this has made no difference to the engine performance.

It starts and idles but bogs down and starts to die once throttle is applied.

It maybe be but it also sounds very load.

I have uploaded a video link of it.

It seems to be getting gas etc and also has good spark

·
Registered
7 Posts
i would check the fuel filter on the fuel pump. it may be stopped up. if you are getting good spark id try fuel related things like the fuel filter, clean injector and just go deeper if needed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tha ks for that mate, I took the fuel line from where it injects and turned it over. It looks like its getting good amounts of spray when turning the engine over but I will check those things thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update guys I have cleaned out fule filter and check and cleaned fuel tank housing, still no difference i have checked compression getting 130psi when I crank it over. Pulled spark arrestor out was really clogged put a rag over the exhaust reved it a bit, got slightly better for a second then back to crap. Could the can be slightly blocked with carbon? I also pulled the brand new spark plug out and its badly carbined up already black dry sote.

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
To me it sounds like the engine isn’t able to breathe?

Clogged spark arrestor or muffler, dirty or very over oiled air filter...

Fuel pumps have also been known work at low demand but not keep up when the engine has a load, but the black and carboned up plug would suggest rich rather than lean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

I think I have solved the issue, well at least partly. The timing chain guide has broken and it looks to have been jumping teeth on the cam.

I have new cam chain and guide, I'm trying to install new cam chain but cant spin the cam by hand seems very tight, I have spark plug out. Should I be able to spin by hand to set timing?

Thanks Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts