Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to turn off the oil change indicator on a 2012 Foreman 500? I changed the oil and oil filter today, but the indicator still hasn't turned off.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
I haven't had to do one yet but I'm pretty sure it's the same as the Rancher. With the key off push and hold the button on the meter assembly. While holding it turn the key on and within a few seconds the change light should go off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2012 Owners Manual
TRX500FM 4x4
TRX500FPM 4x4 w/Powersteering
Fourtrax Foreman

Oil Change Indicator
pg 20

Reset the indicator after each oil change.
To reset the indicator, press and hold the odometer/tripmeter/hourmeter select button (2) and turn the ingnition switch (3) to ON (I) for more than 5 seconds and then turn off, oil change indicator is reset.^_^

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anybody know what triggers the 'Change Oil' indicator?
Is it a set mileage or hours interval?

Also, does the reset procedure described in this thread work on a 2005 Foreman 500 ES?
It isn't mentioned in the service manual, and I don't have an owner's manual.

Thanks,

·
Registered
671 Posts
yeah it comes on at 100 miles then again at 700 miles then every 600 miles after that but you can always change it yourself whenever you please i would just use the honda g4 honda oil for the first few oil changes i use it every oil change cause of the wet clutch most oils from walmart will breakdown your machine you dont want that

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah it comes on at 100 miles then again at 700 miles then every 600 miles after that but you can always change it yourself whenever you please i would just use the honda g4 honda oil for the first few oil changes i use it every oil change cause of the wet clutch most oils from walmart will breakdown your machine you dont want that
You can use any brand of oil . As long as it says JASO somewhere on the bottle. 10-40 / or 20-50 depending on weather. Jaso lets u know that safe to use on wet clutch. Yamlube honda oil . All have same components. Just paying for name. Look up ingredients. Polaris really gets you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts