Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just incase anyone is wondering, 2012 foreman 500 front knuckles and diskbrakes/hubs/ball joints will fit the 98+ 450.
The only difference i ran into was that the tierod eyes were were 1/2" shorter which threw out the alignment, but that adjusted out with the tierods.

Attachments

Reactions: sfloyd903

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
What did it all cost you for the parts?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought from a junked part out quad. Payed $200 including shipping.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thats not to bad

·
Registered
54 Posts
That was a great price, more than the conversion kit for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,271 Posts
Good to know. I much prefer the 05-11 Foreman style of caliper. The 420 and 2012-up Foreman style calipers tend to seize up, which can make getting new pads installed a real PITA.

05-11 Foreman, 05-15 Rubicon, and 06-current Rincon all use the same brakes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just incase anyone is wondering, 2012 foreman 500 front knuckles and diskbrakes/hubs/ball joints will fit the 98+ 450.
The only difference i ran into was that the tierod eyes were were 1/2" shorter which threw out the alignment, but that adjusted out with the tierods.
Are the bearings the same? I need a stronger more reliable wheel bearing set up. Please help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts