Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and I’m sure this has likely come up before but My cooling fan stays on constantly. The only way to get it to turn off is by disconnecting the battery or pulling the fan fuse. It will run even with the key off. Any ideas?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Probably a bad temp sensor. Some systems work from ground, your sensor only has one wire, it's most likely a ground wire. The fan test for those type simply requires grounding the wire with it disconnected from the sensor. Grounding that wire makes the fan run with the key off.

Could be that wire grounding somewhere else too.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It shouldn't be running with the key off at all. Ground does turn it on and off but power is ran through the switch. Have you checked the wiring close in the battery area for possibly some mouse chewing on wires or moisture in connectors?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It shouldn't be running with the key off at all. Ground does turn it on and off but power is ran through the switch. Have you checked the wiring close in the battery area for possibly some mouse chewing on wires or moisture in connectors?

I don't know for sure about the Rancher, but my Kawi fan will run without the switch being on. A few riders have come back to dead batteries when the temp switch failed. Come back from a run and shut it down, the fan will cycle a couple of times in hot weather, key off. The Kawi also has the most over-engineered electrical system since the space shuttle.

·
Premium Member
6,220 Posts
I don't know for sure about the Rancher, but my Kawi fan will run without the switch being on. A few riders have come back to dead batteries when the temp switch failed. Come back from a run and shut it down, the fan will cycle a couple of times in hot weather, key off. The Kawi also has the most over-engineered electrical system since the space shuttle.
Hondas cut off with the key. My wife's Rancher fan always shuts off when you flip the key off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is good info for me to check into. I wouldn’t think the fan would run with the key off either but the fan will literally fire up as soon as I connect the battery and it is 40 degrees outside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and I’m sure this has likely come up before but My cooling fan stays on constantly. The only way to get it to turn off is by disconnecting the battery or pulling the fan fuse. It will run even with the key off. Any ideas?
Did you ever find a solution. I am having same problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts