Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright fellas. Hopefully someone knows more than I do here about these. I recently picked up an 07 foreman 500es. Ran like **** so cleaned the carb right away and it ran fine. Could tell just by how loud it was that the valves were very loose. Pulled the plastics off and did the valve adjustment and while I had everything off I put dielectric grease in all my connectors. Valves were extremely loose. Set them at .006 and put everything back together. Quad sounds way better as far as how quiet the valves are however now the bike sputters and backfires very bad. Replaced plug which was black and new plug is already black. Cleaned the carb again and set the air fuel screw to two and a half turns out and nothing changed. Will rev fine in neutral but in gear or sputters and cuts out. Am I running way too rich or could I have screwed up one of the connectors? Any ideas will be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update. Just set the valve lash clearances back to how loose they were before and it runs fine. My valve train chatter is back since they are way outta spec but no more sputtering. Stretched timing chain? Any other ideas. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts