Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just finished putting a 2" snorkel on my 07 Rancher. I put dielectric grease in the spark plug boot, and the connections at the coil. I also extended all the vent hoses, including the radiator over flow up to the snorkel. Can you guys think of anything else I need to do so I don't kill this thing? Also, looking for a programmer or chip and an exhaust. The only programer I have found so far is the "Dyno Jet" power commander. I'll have pictures of the finished project soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does really well. I had a 400ex and decided to go with a utility this time, and I am very happy. The power is impressive for a 400 class machine, and it rides really well on the trail. It does ok in mud, but mine will soon be killing it in the mud! I'm adding a lift, 26" Mudlite XTR's, programmer, and exhaust.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just put one on an 07 rancher this past weekend and that is all i did to mine. It doesn't have a vent for the throttle body. The four lines vent lines for the diffs, brakes, and fan are all run up to the handle bars. I will try and post a pic of it. We went riding this past weekend and ran it under water up to the racks and didnt have any problems with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
does the air filter box need to be sealed at all so no water can get in? or is it sealed good from the factory?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I havent had any problems with it leaking with the factory seal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE ("wlvrn":23uhw3ab)
does the air filter box need to be sealed at all so no water can get in? or is it sealed good from the factory?
I sealed mine up with some grease. It seems to do pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.