Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I bought a 2007 Rancher Fourtrax 4x2, model TRX420TE. It has just under 400 miles and 121 hours, looks pristine. Before I bought it I test drove it and it seemed fine. Got it home, drove it for 20-30 minutes or so and and it warmed up. After it had warmed up, as soon as I let off the throttle and let it idle, I hear a high pitched noise coming from the fuel pump area. Almost sounds like an over-temp alarm on a boat engine if you know what one of those sounds like. But once you give it gas, the high pitched noise immediately goes away. Go back to idle and the noise comes back, give it gas, noise goes away, etc. It's not a ticking or knocking noise, it's a constant high pitched noise, almost like an alarm. I would appreciate your help on identifying what this problem could be. Other than this issue it runs great, idles great, and has plenty of power. Thank you all very much for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out the problem was the clutch. Had it adjusted and the noise is gone. Both the mechanic I used and Honda Dealership said they had never seen this problem before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts