Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've searched other posts and can't find an answer for my problem. I recently bought a 2007 trx400fa 4x4 for my son. It has 290 hours/ 2100 miles. The guy that I bought it from never used it or abused it. It runs great until it gets hot, then it sputters and cuts off. It will not start again until it has cooled. It's random. Sometimes it will do it a couple of times a day and then it may not do it again for a week or 2. I have cleaned the entire fuel system (tank, petcock, lines, changed filter). Replaced the carburetor, spark plug, ignition coil, air filter, oil and filter. Double checked the oil level. I figured it was probably the ignition coil but that didn't fix it. The battery cables are tight. The fan does cut on. The temp light does not come on. I'm figuring it has to be something electrical getting hot but it's expensive buying parts troubleshooting. I'm lost. Could it be the voltage regulator/ rectifier? CDI? Thermostat switch? Oil temp sensor? Relay? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts