Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me say that my bike has been awesome since I've owned it (2009) The thing has done alot of work for me over the years. Today I went to use it and when I turned the key on it was in 4th gear. I went to downshift it into neutral,but it wouldn't. I checked the shift mechanism and pulled it off to make sure it was working fine and it appears fine. I adjusted the clutch as per the manual and that doesn't seem to be the answer either. It did up shift into 5th and that's where it is "stuck" . Is there any ideas of what I may look for or does it need to go to trained professional? The bit of internet reading I've done seems to lean towards maybe a loose bolt somewhere? The link to identify this possible was defunct so that didn't really help me. Do any of you fwllow honda enthusiasts know what I might/should do next.?
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep thats an old trick for sure....but that won't do it this time....im thinking it is something more....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Has the machine been sitting for a significant amount of time? Sometimes clutch plates can stick...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. It was subject to a 17yr old......the shift fork plate is broke. I split the case and found it In two pieces. $120 in parts. AND a $150 specific clutch puller. But at least it wasn't anything too serious. Kids......when I ride it I don't get above 3rd gear, when he rides he can't past 3rd fast enough...hence the busted shift plate...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Figured either clutch sticking or someone romped on it and bent a shift fork, plate or related...

Glad you got it sorted.

Reactions: Mcdougy1975
1 - 6 of 6 Posts