Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all -

New to this site and trying to get into the mix of things.

Question for all of you hardcore foreman owners / mechanics ->

I bought a salvaged 2006 Honda Foreman 500 ES that has the Speedo and Odometer in Kilometers (Guessing it was from Canada). I would like to switch this to American units of course.

Anyone know if you can just unplug and swap the non-American unit for a brand new American unit. Obviously it wouldnt have the total mileage / hours, but at least wouldnt have to do calculations in my head constantly!

Thanks in advance,

JD

·
Registered
119 Posts
considerin the display has the built in computer i would definitly think that if you bought an american one that it would work heres a site to check the price its 90 plus shippin hydihondapowersports.com i believe it is

·
Registered
394 Posts
if i recall correctly i thought a 2006 display which is the year bike that i have also, i thought it had a button on the side to switch between kilometers and miles and another to adjust the hours and minutes.......or maybe i am just missing my 4wheeler cuz its being fixed for the 2nd week straight now

·
Registered
74 Posts
I,m fairly sure there is a way to switch it. You might check your book, or ask a dealer. It seems like mine was reading metric at first and I had to switch it or maybe I was dreaming. If I was at home I would check my book. I would definatly do some investigating before I bought anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.