Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 TRX350FM. I had to buy a starter and carb. Put it on, ran great! Drive about 3 minutes and hit it. It stalled out like it ran out of gas. I couldn’t restart. I pulled the carb and the air filter had mud inside it, got sucked in. The needle bent and was stuck open. I fixed that and cleaned the carb. Still won’t start. Not even with starter fluid. Think a valve got mud in it and stuck open? Only thing I can think. Thanks guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
If it doesn't fire with starter fluid you have no compression (valves?) or no spark.

Change your spark plug out, and see if it will fire. If not, start taking off the valve cover and check your valves.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just and fyi- The first thing you do when you buy a used atv when you get home is check the fluids and air cleaner. Then if you're smart, you look it over even better for any problems, ride it a little bit close to home and check it all again.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
welcome to the site, same answers will be here as on other site

sounds like this atv was sunk, then washed to make outside look nice and sold to a unsuspecting buyer!

proper way to fix and be sure all is well is a tear down and inspection and cleaning
other wise you can skip steps and be down with bidder issues in the soon future!
and yes 100% the game when buying used is going over it really really good before buying and then b again, doing all basic PM"S before heading out, will save a lot of issues from happening like this
we all live and learn, so your not alone in this, we have all made mistakes, so NOT bashing here at all

what you do next will be your call, but is a right way to fix and then a gamble!
IMO you need a tear down to find all issue's and make sure all is clean inside and proper!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts