Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the board (obviously with only one post). I was searching online for some information and figured this was the best place to find it.

Two days ago I moved my Foreman 500 and left it idling. Came back a minute or so later, only to find the gas dumping onto the garage floor. Appears that the fuel line dry rotted and broke in half. I have not had a chance to crawl under it yet and was wondering if replacing the fuel line with a new one is fairly straight forward? I was unable to locate any photos/diagrams online, but assume its just swap old one out for the new and away I go.

Thanks for any information you can provide!

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thank you! I guess a mouse could have chewed on it as I had it outside for a few days while I was working on the foundation of my garage. Once I get a closer look at it, I will probably know for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
welcome to the forum. keep us posted on how it turns out

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Dammit, mice are everywhere this time of year but yeah it should be an easy replacemant.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Once you get the hose off take a piece down to your hard ware store or lowses and get the right size but make sure get the clear kind not the sling shot kind and get more then u need because u don't want to be going back for more ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
One thing that I would check is to see is if the gas is coming out of the carb. The floats could be stuck. How long has it been sitting?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
if gas is leaking out, then air is entering in...and i doubt it was running with that much air entering the fuel delivery. probably a stuck float in the carb, and is venting the excess fuel out of the overflow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that I really checked it over, I believe that the float is stuck. What do I need to do to take care of that? Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts