Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Honda Foreman 450 ES 4x4 and recently rebuilt the top end. After I did adjust the valves, and fired it up. Runs okay but did a compression check on it and it came in at 60 psi! I read somewhere that there is some kind of decompression valve, but is this normal?

· Premium Member
13,197 Posts
I would have to look it up but that sounds normal. The only way to get a true compression reading is to lossen the exhaust valve tappet. Personally I like the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

· Registered
227 Posts
Sorry realized the picture is tiny, Compression Pressure 78-121PSI at 450 RPM, If the compression is below he standard loosen the exhaust valve lock nut and turn the adjusting screw 1-1/2turn and recheck compression.

· Registered
2 Posts
Sorry realized the picture is tiny, Compression Pressure 78-121PSI at 450 RPM, If the compression is below he standard loosen the exhaust valve lock nut and turn the adjusting screw 1-1/2turn and recheck compression.
Where do you check your compression from as I thought it plugged into the spark plug but you said 450 RPM and without the spark plug it’s not gonna run can you please help me out on this matter thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts