Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe they would leave me hanging for as many months as they have. Now they say they will be available end of April. Same as End of January. My unit is used for work and pleasure. No way can I justify replacement with a new one. My repair shop - Trimbles - has got to be best in the world. But Honda has crashed on this problem ! !
Is there any body else waiting for a cam shaft?

·
Premium Member
6,231 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called Honda customer service and talked to the person answering. He checked and said he had an expected delivery date of April 30. I will stay on this problem because it has caused much problem not having my machine. Trimbles said they have another Rubicon waiting an camshaft also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honda Customer Service called me yesterday and updated their projected availability of camshaft. At the first of May, they said it had been shipped and expected it in about two weeks. Yesterday they said it wasn't here (May 14th) and now they expect them to arrive about the end of the month. I asked if they had been shipped. The answer was they have not been shipped. I'm disappoiinted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great News ! !. I got a call from Honda Customer Support today telling me the cam shaft is in my repair company's hands (Trimble's in Auston MN). I'm not going to bother them with a call while they are doing the fix, but will let you'all know when I'm back in business. Trimble's are the best.!
I told the Honda Customer Support fellow they have gone from a -2.5 to a +2.5 today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trimble's did receive the camshaft direct from Honda Japan. Installed it and machine sounds like a new one again. Cause was stator chaff in the oil screen. Approximate cost $1,100. Was not Trimble's fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear its running. They replace the stator?
Not this time. We replaced the stator when we first got the machine a little more than a year ago. Since then no damage has been done to it. the chaff was leftover from the earlier problem. So now I have a total of $500 trade, $1000 cash to seller, $~500 first misc parts, $1700 first Trimble's repair, and $1,100 in this repair. A little under $5000 - sounds like a new one - and works like it also. Could have saved the last $1,100 if I'd known more about this Honda or any one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts