Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm grateful to this community for all of the help and info I've found here. This is my first ATV, my wife said "we'll get a cheap one and if it turns out we use it a lot then we can buy a new one." As you can imagine being "a cheap one" means it's needed a ton of work. I won't waste time on all of the things I've already fixed.
A previous owner put a homemade snorkel on this thing so I could really use a diagram of how the vacuum/carb hoses are supposed to be hooked up now that I have all of the Flex Seal spray seal scraped off of everything.
I was told the 4x4 doesn't work "because it needs a new half shaft, I'm pretty sure it's the left one." The light up display isn't there anymore, it has a small toolbox zip tied between the headlight and the ignition key so I can't give you any flashing light codes. The axels seems to be fine, no clicking, or noises, both seem to spin fairly easily and freely. I have followed the recommendations from this forum and cleaned the connectors checked the fuses. I just bought a tester so I can test the switch tonight. Electronic switch. I'll update this thread with results. But until then if someone can tell me how to confirm if a front axel is bad and give me a link to where I can find a diagram for carb/vacuum hoses I would be very grateful.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
212 Posts
If the four wheel drive isn't working, ie. no drive to the front wheels, only the rear, then you should inspect the splines on the front prop shaft.
This is the one that connects from the front of the engine to the differential. It's common for those to fail and you replace the whole shaft as an assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the four wheel drive isn't working, ie. no drive to the front wheels, only the rear, then you should inspect the splines on the front prop shaft.
This is the one that connects from the front of the engine to the differential. It's common for those to fail and you replace the whole shaft as an assembly.
Thank you, ill d I that. Idk if ill get back to it before the holidays but when I do Ill let the forum know what I find. Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You were right, thank you. Sure enough i hit the 4x4 switch and looked down at the propshaft. The engine side turns but the diff side doesn't. Ill buy a new one from Honda as soon as I pay off Christmas lol. I wish you a happy new year

1 - 4 of 4 Posts