Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

So I bought this bike used around Christmas - I have Error Code 3 that I can't figure out.

I followed the troubleshooting procedure on page 20-7 in the service manual and I get stuck on measuring the resistance between the blue/green and the red/black. I measure ~15k ohms. As this isn't between the specified 4-6k ohms I follow the "abnormal path" in the procedure and measure good continuity between the 3P and the 22P. So I replaced the angle sensor. I bought two off the internet and they measure about the same 15k ohms. So I figured that I got some bad sensors so I went to my local Honda dealer and bought a couple more off of them - same thing - they measure ~15k ohms. I'm measuring between the two outer pins directly on the sensor.

I don't understand this - the troubleshooting guide states to expect ~4-6k ohm why are four sensors I've purchased all reading consistently 15k Ohms?

I've even gone so far as to replace the ECU - $200 down the drain and no change.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I'm not good at the electrical stuff.

Honestly the Honda electrical guru is Melatv over on Hondaatvforums. You might post up over there and see what he can offer.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
I guessing the machine won't shift at all. Does it shift manually through the gears?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts