Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have Changed ignition coil, spark plug, cleaned carburetor, tried another carburetor off my other Foreman, Adjusted valves and still won't rev up properly sometimes I can get it to rev up with hesitation. Other times it won't go past quarter throttle and will spit and sputter back fire out of the exhaust. Not sure what else to try any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check right break lever is pushed all the way forward. If the switch that lets you start in gear is not released on my 500 will not let bike accelerate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2003 Foreman was doing this to me. Mine would eventually rev up but I'd push all the way down on the throttle and it'd take several seconds. Really made it undriveable.

Caught a carb rebuild video online where the instructor showed how you could shoot some compressed air into the top of air intake side to see if the plunger responds. I tore my carb off, did that...plunger didn't move. Make sure when you put the plunger back together (vacuum piston 16111-HM7-670,) that you can blow compressed air into the top of the carb air-side housing (there's an oval hole so it's hard to miss) and the piston moves up.

Once I reseated my vacuum piston, tested, and put it back together, revved up just like olden times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts