Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have not. I can not find the right adapter to check the oil pressure. I ended up buying 2006 Rancher and have been fixing things on that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
no true fix to this problem? I have a 05 500 with the same flashing display and spuddering reverse,
The only thing I can think of might be is that angle sensor? (If it even has one?)
I was getting mine ready for winter by putting a plow on it.... drove it around with any problems... Parked it back in the shed but with the plow being heavy and shed sits high off the ground, I went to pull it out and it bottomed out and jarred the machine then the display started flashing....Pulled the machine out checked every connection, every fuse and found nothing abnormal... Now that I'm thinking about it, last year while plowing I hit an uneven sidewalk that jarred the machine and display started flashing..
Gonna try changing the angle sensor... if not gonna go buy a new one 😡

·
Registered
17 Posts
So I still have not been able to find an adapter to check oil pressure. My Rubicon has just been sitting under a tarp so today I dragged it into the garage. I have heard the oil pump chain can stretch and fall off. Due to all the metal bits I found in the oil I figured that it could be a possibility. Since I already had the front plastics off it would be pretty easy to remove the oil tank and front cover to take a look inside. It only took about 20 minutes. The oil pump chain seems a little stretched but it is still in place and functional. I also wanted to check for slack in the timing chain while I was in there.
I do not know much about the clutches in these things. Does the discoloration to the basket look normal?
It looks like it got really hot.I ordered a clutch puller that should be in today so I can get a better look at the oil pump and timing chains. I will probably replace them while I am in there anyway.
IMG_20200125_102849.jpg
IMG_20200125_115407.jpg
IMG_20200125_131021.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
The clutch puller came in. There are some large chunks missing on the fingers. You can feel the grooves in the basket with your finger. Here is the big question, would this cause the atv not to move at all? Maybe someone ran regular automotive oil in it? I spun the oil pump gear and I can feel some resistance like it is pumping. Since I already bought one I threw on the new chain. I hung them side by side and the old chain hung about 1/8 inch lower than the new one.
IMG_20200125_155018.jpg
IMG_20200125_154930.jpg
IMG_20200125_154944.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find out what is going on? I have an 03 Rubi, and it flashes the D1, D2, ESP lights. It runs great, but when I put it in gear, I can't move the machine, in either direction. In neutral, I can roll it around fine. I was riding it, and it was working fine, then it just "locked up". Almost threw me over the handle bars. I'm going to start tearing it apart this weekend.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts