Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i got a foreman with a 2wd/4wd switch, initially when i turn the 4wd switch on, it goes on, but later it goes back n forth, there is a blinking sequence of 4, i tried changing the switch but it's doing same thing. Once in a while it will blink 3 times, any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check your battery voltage and voltage regulator
These models have to have a very specific voltage for ecm/modules to work
I just replaced a voltage regulator on one that would initially go into 4wd then, as battery voltage
dropped due to bad voltage regulator not charging, 4wd light would fail/blink
Check battery voltage and then, with it running, see if voltage increases but does not exceed 14.5 volts (plus or minus)..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your battery voltage and voltage regulator
These models have to have a very specific voltage for ecm/modules to work
I just replaced a voltage regulator on one that would initially go into 4wd then, as battery voltage
dropped due to bad voltage regulator not charging, 4wd light would fail/blink
Check battery voltage and then, with it running, see if voltage increases but does not exceed 14.5 volts (plus or minus)..
Ok, Thanks, will do, the darn thing sometimes blink even the switch is on 2wd also

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i got a foreman with a 2wd/4wd switch, initially when i turn the 4wd switch on, it goes on, but later it goes back n forth, there is a blinking sequence of 4, i tried changing the switch but it's doing same thing. Once in a while it will blink 3 times, any suggestions? thanks
I have a new Foreman showing 2 hours and the first time I pushed the 4x4 button to try the steering when locked in, it wouldn't come out of 4wd and the indicator was blinking. I took it to Honda and was told the switch was bad and they ordered a new one which will be here 11/22. I had it about 5 days and drove it around the yard and now I'm sending my first months payment and forgot what it looks like. I put a storage seat on it and would sell it for what I've got in it or any reasonable offer. I wanted a Rancher but nobody had anything at the time but the Foreman. It is NEW with a seat and storage. Let me know.
I don't think your problem is voltage related as mine is brand new and I've read about several that had 4x4 switch problems and flashing indicators. Good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts