Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 450 Forman ES will only shift from neutral to reverse and 1st gear, sounds like it’s trying to shift into second but won’t. Even manually,New angle sensor, cleaned & greased gears in motor shift housing, no codes showing...someone mentioned a star wheel loosening up, don’t know where that is..?? Any input would help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I recommend joining up over at atvhonda.com, you will get quicker help, better answers and you can download a free service manual to help you troubleshoot any issues for your machine
I GUARANTEE you will get a same day answer on your questions

The star wheel is under you your front engine cover you can see a picture on page 9-2-9-3 of the service manual

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In B
I recommend joining up over at atvhonda.com, you will get quicker help, better answers and you can download a free service manual to help you troubleshoot any issues for your machine
I GUARANTEE you will get a same day answer on your questions

The star wheel is under you your front engine cover you can see a picture on page 9-2-9-3 of the service manual
View attachment 49604
Thanks AKATV, looks like I’ll be taking off the cover & see what’s going on in there..!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hay i can't imagine you have to pull that cover sounds like the shift motor itself to me i had the same issue before and put off replacing the shift motor tried everything else. Eventually broke down and replaced it was good ever since. I wouldn't pull the cover before changing that. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mike I’ll keep it in mind, haven’t had time lately to work on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts