Honda Foreman Forums banner

101 - 120 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The cable wont work any better. Lol. I would suggest getting a better caliper for the re disc conversion. What conversion do you have on thw front?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
SuperATV kits back and front --------- today them clips to lock the ice chest down came in , chained down the ice chest with the turn buckles and it is solid , I think you could pick the bike upside with a crane and shake it violently and it wouldn't come off the bike , they never really fit , but they worked , I am going to find some kind of use from the extra bit of bracket sticking out the side , maybe a machette holder like the one in the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Another thing that came in yesterday was a rear view mirror and mounting bracket , they are like $10 for the mirror and brackets ( come 2 in a pack ) , I have them on all my bikes , they do shake around a bit , but you can see if the person is behind you with out turning around , saves your neck , they work really good at night when all you need to know is that the lights are behind you

Not the best pic :

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I have another set of those mirror mounts , thinking of re-doing my handle bar speaker mounts using them mirror mounts , as I have another idea for them heavy duty , eye sore mounts I have on there now

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I like your double drink holders , you are ready to party ! So one snorkel is for you vents and the other for the engine ? ---

the mustard yellow color is rare around here , I bought a trailer load of 450 part bikes a while back , there was a 450 frame with yellow plastic I couldn't fit on the trailer , told the guy I was going to come back and get it , never did as he is 80 miles away , I have had 8 450's so far in all different conditions but never a yellow one , did come close once ----

you right your bars look naked LOL and I am over killed 3x over , my buddy Retro says it is my office ----- I am still going to have to add 2 toggles some where , one for the sound system and one for the rear LED lights

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Lol. I think my 450 came from your way or Mississippi. I bought it off my friend that lives in northwest Florida and said at one time someone in the soggy bottom boys club owned it.

Yup the left snorkel is from the air box and the right is a dumby for the vent lines.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I have heard of the Soggy Bottom Club , there is a music group uses that name and I have watched videos of Soggy Bottom Boys in the mud --------

Wow, if you watch some of their videos you might see that yellow 450 in action !!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That what my friend said the guy told him that he got the bike from. Hoping to get down that way this easter to ride. Not many places up here to ride. I might actually start mine up this weekend. I havent been on it in months.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That looked like a rancher though. Have you been to canal road? I think that's what they call it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
No I never rode there , I think it is shut down now days to all that are not friends of the land owners

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
I a few post behind but if you want to convert the rear to hydraulic brakes and not ruin the original holders a 660 griz mounts in front of the pegs. I wouldn't think it would be hard to build a mount that bolts on to use it. Used parts might be pretty cheap as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Thanks TooDeep , I took a look at the part finche for the 660 Grizzly , and saved the pic for some thought , never thought of putting the master in front , will have to take a look at that this evening and see what kind of room I have to work with

I see you got a 300 in your line up , I do too , notice the decal on the truck " Too Deep " --------- I am really a 300 guy at heart

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
I have a couple of them in my line up. I use the 2x4 some around the yard but the 4x4 sits in the shed most of the time. I might be getting old but when riding I like my 420 with power steering. When using it for work the bigred is my first go to machine. Tha5s the problem with having more than one machine, some get to sit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
People always seem to ruin a good thing.

Ain't that the truth , a really crazy story , I was heavy into 4wd trucks for years , we had the most premium spot to ride and camp out for the weekend , Catahoula Creek between Kiln and Picayune , Miss , white sand beaches , crystal clear water , which are the head waters of the Jordan River , lots of pipelines and trails , it got out of control , people throwing trash all over the place , getting drunk and fighting , I was there the day it all ended , I didn't even know the guy who killed it and almost killed himself doing it , but got pulled into it , it was a Easter weekend , there must have been 200 trucks and atv up and down The Creek camping out and partying for the weekend , we were stopped on a sand bar , and this dude I never seen before comes up to me and asked if he could borrow a cigarette lighter for a couple of minutes , he went back by his crew and he lit a home made bomb and it went off and blew his hand off his arm , WOW , we ran over there and it was chilling , so the quickest way to a highway meant going up river to a very steep embankment up to the highway and his buddies say their truck can't make it up that trail , so we put him in my buddies 72 Ford F250 with 44's on it and and I went in my Bronco with 38.5s and we took him the the highway , I called the sheriff on a brick phone I had back then and they had a ambulance and sheriff there waiting , I thought I was going to jail for what this dude did , I told them I never even knew this dude , he asked me for a lighter , I thought he was going to light cigarettes , we heard a loud boom and him screaming , ran over there and his buddies said he had lit a bomb , we just helped him out the woods ----next weekend we went up there and every entrance point had been cabled off with signs every where , it was shut down , never did hear anything about how that guy made out , don't even know his name or where he was from ---- I don't even pop fireworks to this day after seeing that dude's hand blow off ------------ it wasn't long after that I sold my Bronco and got out of mudding for years , till 10 years ago when I got back into ATV's

I live in Louisiana , we still have places to ride , but no where near what it use to be , and places are dwindling ----- the main reason is people , heavy traffic brings the knuckle heads , who get drunk and stupid , start fights , trash the places up , cut trees , destroy the land , sue somebody for their own ignorance when they get hurt on somebodies land where they should have not been to start with and just go that extra step to push it to the limits , till it gets shut down

It is a shame but if you have a good place to ride , it is best you keep it to yourself , cause if the word gets out it , the crowd will come and it will be ruined or shut down ----

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I have a couple of them in my line up. I use the 2x4 some around the yard but the 4x4 sits in the shed most of the time. I might be getting old but when riding I like my 420 with power steering. When using it for work the bigred is my first go to machine. Tha5s the problem with having more than one machine, some get to sit.

Love the 300's ---- easy to work on , very reliable , takes a licking and keeps on ticking , fun to ride

101 - 120 of 185 Posts