Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have a 2000 foreman 450es that I picked up from original owner , its pretty needy . The speedo doesn't work at all , the red power wire in the plug that plugs into the circuit board is burnt as well as the board . I tried to buy a new speedo from Service Honda, but they refunded my money , cause Honda has no stock left and they are no longer producing the replacement speedo . I really want to restore this and ride it , but I don't know where to turn . It cranks over but will not start /no fire , I tested the angle sensor , and it was out of limits . I assume it wont run unless I bypass the speedo wires and jumper a few cdi circuits . I am wondering if I could get a later wiring harness and speedo for a foot shift model , and convert it to foot shift ,,,,, but I assume those later models are selectable 4x4 , and I would also need to change the front hubs/spindles to have selectable 4x4 . This is a lot of stuff to get ahold of !!! The motor is very tight , valve adjustment was on spec , I trust the motor . I believe that the 2000 models had speedo issues all along , so I probably wont find a good one , or a new one , but I hope someone has already been faced with these issues and can steer me in the right direction. Thanks Much, Dannyb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts