139 Posts
I would be interested if anyone has any non working speedometer displays
I have about run out of spare parts
Let me know what you have and what you would want for them-

·
Registered
139 Posts
Man thats too bad I really could of used it for parts-
the newer ones are wired differently- the single wire plug I beleive is for the additional lamp that is in the newer style speedometer for the 4wd indicator

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did the same work around for a 1998 Foreman TRX450ES Shows 0 miles. Gear selection works, Speedo works. Clock won't hold time after you shut the key off. Anyone know what the extra two wires are for on the 37200-HNO-771. Maybe those would keep power to the clock?
Hmm, so the odometer will eventually start working I'm guessing because mine did, BUT I don't think its correct. At this point though its 22 years old so the odometer probably really doesn't matter. I've read about the clock complaint, but mine works fine, unless I disconnect the battery of course. So thats strange considering we have the exact same year and model...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know is a manual shift model will work on an electric shift model?
I am trying to find a replacement combination meter for my 2001 450es and found a manual shift model for much cheaper.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1998 Honda Foreman TRX450ES that had a burnout display. I had the same issue finding the 37200-HN0-A12, so I ordered the 37200-HN0-771 after reading this forum. Its plug and play with the 14 pin connector. Gear selection works; speedo works but I haven’t clocked it to know if its accurate; reverse, neutral, and oil lights work; 4WD light is always on, but mine is all time 4WD anyway; clock holds time; odometer does not appear to be counting up, but I’ve barely driven it a mile to know for sure. I can post more findings, but either way its the closest thing to the original you’re going to find. You can find them on Amazon and ebay.
Have you had any issues using 37200-HN0-771? My display is out. AKATV is going to be looking at it but I also can't find the cover for under 200$. May by the 771 part. Let me know thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a different problem with my 2001 TRX450ES meter. The LCD display goes completely blank when the temperature drops into the 30’s which is very inconvenient since I do most of my riding in the Fall and Winter. Other warmer times of the year it works fine. Been this way for about 3 years. I also can’t find a replacement 37200-HDO-A61 unit and was wondering if there are any updates to this post and whether the HNO-771 replacement is okay? Or does anybody know if this temperature issue can be fixed? I’m assuming it is being caused by some shrinkage of a connection within the circuit board. Thanks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts