Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, can someone point out where the air/fuel screw is on the carb? I removed the baffle and ever since then it's been backfiring like it's running lean. I just want to give it a bit more gas.

Second, has anyone ever taken pictures of the install of their clutch kit? I think I'm going to order mine this Friday but I'd like to see a few pics of what I'm dealing with what I'll be pulling off. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
look in the how-to section and they have a clutch kit write up on there, should be the same principle for the most part from that 4wd to a 2wd bike, not hard to do as well, i did mine bymyself without taking the entire clutch out, did it with it connected to the bike, got very frustrated a few times but just stuck it out...also i dont even notice that much of a difference with it on the bike now, and i ended up breaking 2 bolts in the process of doing it

·
Registered
343 Posts
The A/F screw is on the bottom of the carb in front (engine side) of the float bowl. It does not have a phillips head like normal. It's a "D" shaped screw that takes a special tool. I just worked mine out with a pair of tweezers and used a dremel tool to cut a small slit so I could use a flat blade screwdriver to adjust now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I went to the dealer to buy the tool and they couldn't find the part# so one of the mechanics just gave me one out of his toolbox. If you have the tool you can adjust the A/F screw by just taking the right side plastic off and reaching in there. Without it you will probably need to take the carb out.

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much.

Edit: This just hit me. I have an old long bendable screwdriver with a air/fuel adjuster for my old Chevy carbuater. Now that I think about it, it is a D-shaped head. Wow, that would be awsome if it fit, I'll give it a try tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.