Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and it has already been a lot of help! I recently picked up a 1997 Honda foreman FRX400fw and it is giving me some trouble. It has a new battery, oil, oil filter, Spark plug, cleaned gas tank and fresh gas. It will fire up immediately and will idle all day long, but as soon as you start down the road it will die out. Sometimes it dies before I get up to 2nd gear, sometimes it dies In 5th gear cruising along. Right after dying, it will typically fire back up immediately and idle for as long as I let it, but will die out again usually before I can get it up into 3rd. I noticed that the new spark plug is already black, but I assumed that may be from sitting in neutral for a good while trying to figure out what’s going on. I am planning on pulling the carb this weekend and checking it over, but I am kind of running out of ideas! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, got the carb stripped down and cleaned really well and replaced all of my fuel lines and got it up and running! It dies out when running wide open, might be from the in-line fuel filter? Definitely a fuel delivery issue, I’m sure I will get it worked out.
Now for the REAL problem...
I got all 4 tires up to check bearings, and they’re all good. HOWEVER, as it turns out, my front end drive is not working. The drive shaft is engaged and spins, but nothing from there. No grinding noises, just a very minor squeak. The two front tires spin independently from one another, so I am assuming I am looking at having to pull the entire front end out and break down the diff....

ANY help or incite would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts