Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into a guy out at 5a this past weekend running 110 in his honda. Would there be any benefits to 110 over regular gas? I first smelled it when i was riding behind him so i had to pull him over and ask him. The dude was pretty well drunk so i didnt understand him. That racing fuel sure does smell good. Makes me wanna go to the Gator Nationals.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
It would only help a high compression motor. I got into with some 2wd racer folks on that other "helmet only" website. So I posted this long report from the Consumer Safety Comm or whatever staing it was not benifical to yout average motor.

I think the enjoyed feeling of paying 5 bucks a gallon and sniffing the exhaust on their quads.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
It would help a lil bit.
It would be a benifit if you raised your timing on the bikes. and also if you had a bored motor and higher compression. I ran some 118 from my race car in my lawn motor

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Its for sure not gonna be worth the 5 bucks a gallon. Now if you want your bike to smell, run some methanol (alcohol) through it!! Thats what I want to do, people would really be wondering what you are runnin!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now if you want your bike to smell, run some methanol (alcohol) through it!! Thats what I want to do
Just for sh1tz and giggles what would we have to do the the bikes?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
QUOTE ("05kodiak450":3k4zeygp)
Now if you want your bike to smell, run some methanol (alcohol) through it!! Thats what I want to do
Just for sh1tz and giggles what would we have to do the the bikes?[/quote]
Well, cause im not to familiar with carbs yet, for my race car I had to double the size of my fuel injectors, so im thinking for the bike, we gotta find big a$$ jets, maybe replace the stock fuel line from the tank to the carb with something a little better. Then I dont know how long the carb will handle the alky, the stuff is nasty corrisive to aluminum. I would expect a few horsepower gain. My race car jumped about 15 horsepower with no other changes. It would require more maintainence as well, but people would turn there heads when you drove by, no question!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I was thinkin' the same thing. I'm not sure how a stock motor & carb would handle 110 octane. I just recently stopped using super or 93 octane in our Foremans. Several people told me it is just a waste. It runs just the same on 87 octane as it did on 93 octane.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
the motor and carb will do fine on the 110, it may burn a little hotter but wont hurt anything, but for the price, it aint worth it at all - unless you get a high compression piston in there, then its a must have.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Its not going to do anything if you are running over 11:1 comp. not on a low comp. motor. I ran 118 in my lawnmower I did not cut the grass any faster and it still bogged in the tall grass.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
chad you just mad my morning lmao.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It makes the bike run hotter,runs leaner,and makes the timing advance to quickly and to much.There is really no benifits to run 110 with a stock Honda.I occasionally will fill up one whole tank with AvGas for airboats(100)and run it,that makes the bike run great and no effects negatively against the engine.Helps clean the carb and makes your plug look brand new.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts