Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here and in desperate need for help. My Atv has 100 hrs on it. I Cleaned carburetor spotless. In neutral it will rev to the limiter but under a load engine cuts out like it’s losing spark/fuel but I’m positive that I’m getting adequate fuel. At full throttle it will do this and will not die just sputters really bad and limit my speed to 5-8mph. But it does it in a rhythm. I’m thinking it’s possibly a stator but does anyone off the top of their head know what the stator ohm parameters are supposed to be? Or if anyone has any other ideas as to what it might be any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe use one of those in line spark checkers? Sometimes a dying coil won’t spark well at higher rpm, and it takes more volts to fire the plug at higher combustion chamber pressures.

Might also want to crack the carb drain and make sure you get a good stream of gas out of the drain hose and/or you could remove the fuel petcock (drain the tank first, obviously) from the tank and make sure the fine screen isn’t clogged.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Push right hand brake all the way forward. On my 02 the switch that lets me start in gear makes my bike sound like missing every other spark if break lever is partially pulled back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts