Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Foreman suddenly quit yesterday after running for a short while and wouldn't restart. After several hours, it started up fine and ran for a while. Tried it several days later and the same thing. I realized I hadn't heard the fan for a while, so I disconnected the temperature sensor lead and grounded it and the fan worked. I am weeks away from getting another temp sensor so I tried to run the machine with the fan lead grounded (and running continuously). The machine went a further distance than before but again it just died. Note that when I grounded the lead the temp light stayed on. Realize that it is extremely hot right now in Belize.

Question: Is there an overheating safety feature that shuts down the engine if it gets hot (besides the temp sersor)?

In addition to replacing the temp sensor, should I consider replacing the oil cooler?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don’t believe it has an overheat shutdown.

I would suspect perhaps a fuel restriction, but ignition problems can be temperature related.

I’d suggest the next time it quits and won’t restart, see if it has spark and/or open the drain screw on the bottom of the carburetor and see if you get a steady stream of fuel coming out of the bottom of the drain hose.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don’t believe it has an overheat shutdown.

I would suspect perhaps a fuel restriction, but ignition problems can be temperature related.

I’d suggest the next time it quits and won’t restart, see if it has spark and/or open the drain screw on the bottom of the carburetor and see if you get a steady stream of fuel coming out of the bottom of the drain hose.
Good suggestions and also leave gas cap loose to make sure tank vent is not pugged.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah you could just crack the cap after it quits to confirm the vent works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts