Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Forman Trx500fe that typically runs good. It seems I have a short or bad component somewhere as it will be running fine and all of a sudden the main 30A fuse blows. I changed and installed a new OEM voltage regulator. The problem still occurs after the regulator was changed. I do notice it blows the fuse after it’s been running for 20-30 minutes. Once it blows the 30 amp main slot will remain “live” and will want to blow a new fuse even with the key off. Once it cools down, I’m able to put in a new fuse and it runs normally. I thought it was a short with movement but it now seems related to coming up to temperature and failing. Any thoughts? I’m at a loss.

· Registered
151 Posts
If there are any electric aftermarket things installed, I’d start there. if not:

IIRC the two main things connected to positive when the key is off should be the wiring to the key switch, and the voltage regulator.

When it’s hot and has blown a fuse I think I’d try disconnecting the regulator and seeing if it still blows the fuse when you stick in a new one. Maybe disconnect the key switch and repeat the test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts