Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sheesh! I have ridden mine through 12" of slush and water on the lake resulting in my wheeler being a block of ice, thank god this hasn't happen to me. I guess my lake riding will be coming to a halt until it is fixed.

Thanks for the heads up.

I haven't gotten any notices yet. Mine is an 07

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I hope everyone will post what repair was done , either their harness was cut or a new harness was installed ..
I see from your letter they said water can seep into the wires , if you read the dealers letter you will see water seeps into the copper strands of the wire , this over time will need a new wire harness ..

We have 4 (NEW BIKES) in our compound right now with frozen throttles so it's not a matter of driving the bike in water or washing it , if it is in rain or melting snow water will already be inside the harness ..

===============================================

·
Registered
19 Posts
QUOTE ("Honda Mechanic":1yh2umg7)
I hope everyone will post what repair was done , either their harness was cut or a new harness was installed ..
I see from your letter they said water can seep into the wires , if you read the dealers letter you will see water seeps into the copper strands of the wire , this over time will need a new wire harness ..

We have 4 (NEW BIKES) in our compound right now with frozen throttles so it's not a matter of driving the bike in water or washing it , if it is in rain or melting snow water will already be inside the harness ..

Honda Mech, So are you saying we should request that the harness be replaced?

===============================================

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know mine has been froze then thawed out about 4 times so far, and haven't had the problem but I am going to demand a harness be put in as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder when Honda is going to send the notice out telling us we can bring our four wheelers in for the necessary repair. I have been trying not to ride until it’s fixed. I was concerned because it was on the back of my truck during a couple of rain storms in hunting season. Anyway I’m starting to get a little teed off I received the recall in December and it’s almost February now and I didn’t buy it to be a lawn ornament. So I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE ("rubicon285":2tsep2by)
Maybe those of us whom have loans through Honda should delay payment until the Harness is fixed. Maybe we should send off an email to them that we're not paying till fixed . See how that stirs the pot...
I don't think you would get very far doing that. Your wheeler has a shutoff. Ride it and if it happens hit the shutoff! I have been riding mine.

I just rode on mille lacs lake in MN for 23 miles and we ran into some HEAVY slush and water in the middle of the lake. I didn't even bother thinking of the problem. if it happens it happens I just think smart and hit the kill switch. I wouldn't go shooting down a trail wide open.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mach, I thought about that but a lot of our trails are small rocky mountainous woodland trails and you got to gas it to get up some of these hills and not a lot of time to cut it off if something happens. I was just trying heed their warning. I just thought they might hurry this issue along since they recommended we not use our quads. I have use mine some but very limited since the notice came. I wanted to go out with my neighbors during the snow we had the other day. I didn’t because if they don’t replace the entire harness I didn’t want to expose it more then necessary. I am glad their going to fix these issues so I am not really mad just wish they would hurry up. Thanks Chris,

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE ("vapredhunter":2dr4nfrg)
Mach, I thought about that but a lot of our trails are small rocky mountainous woodland trails and you got to gas it to get up some of these hills and not a lot of time to cut it off if something happens. I was just trying heed their warning. I just thought they might hurry this issue along since they recommended we not use our quads. I have use mine some but very limited since the notice came. I wanted to go out with my neighbors during the snow we had the other day. I didn’t because if they don’t replace the entire harness I didn’t want to expose it more then necessary. I am glad their going to fix these issues so I am not really mad just wish they would hurry up. Thanks Chris,
I guess on stuff like that I probably wouldn't risk it then.

HONDA HURRY YOUR ASSES UP!

·
Registered
112 Posts
RECALL NOTICE

Does the wiring harness recall only apply to american 07 hondas?????? MY local honda dealer ain't heard nothing about a recall. The dealer is still keeping my warrenty up even with my all mods on my 07 TRX 500 FA. SO. Can someone tell me is it worthwhile me making the nessasary mod myself?????
Many thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.