Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a paper in the mail saying that there was a recall on certain 07 foreman models. I said that water can get into the right side stop swich and into the wiring harness and will make the throttle position sensor freeze in cold weather. Will the still honor the recall even with all the parts I have on it. If I bring it in will it void my warranty?

·
Registered
155 Posts
How do you tell which 07s? Mine has power steering and es.

·
Registered
129 Posts
****...my recall notice came today.

·
Registered
155 Posts
What is the problem that needs fixed?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I hope I don't get one =/

·
Registered
113 Posts
recall says water can enter right-side stop-switch, collect and eventually seep into the wiring which could "contaminate" the throttle position sensor in cold weather.

·
Registered
113 Posts
think mine said they would contact me when they came up with a solution. have not contacted dealer or been contacted about it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine was on the recall list and the dealers don't have a fix yet. They're waiting on new wiring harnesses from Honda. I haven't had the throttle position sensor freeze yet, but I've had my throttle lever freeze many times. I just crank it up and let it idle for about 10 minutes. By the time the motor is warmed up the throttle has thawed out. Of course I'm up here in the land of snow and ice so it gets a little colder than most of you will have to worry about!

·
Registered
183 Posts
i got a notice and called the dealer. they said the only recal they knew about was for the dealers only, not for the customer. i think they just fed me a line of crap cause they didn't want to deal with me. they said they'll notify me when the recall pertains to the purchased. I GOT A LETTER IN THE MAIL! i dunno, i think i'l bring the letter to them and see what they're gona do to fix it. ohh yea, what kinda oil you guys use when you change yours? expensive honda oil?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i would defently call honda and tell them about your dealer not wanting to the recall. becasue when you receive that letter that means it pertains to you. you can call Honda at (866) 784-1870.

and as far as the oil goes i used the expensive Honda GN4 10W 40...i think thats the wight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealer here in Shenandoah, VA. They said Honda is looking to get the replacement wiring harness out to the dealerships in February. I hope they are correct!

·
Registered
183 Posts
any idea how long the dealer will be fixing the problem? like i said before, i called them and they weren't very helpful. my only problem is i'm deploying soon and i won't be able to get it into them till this time next year. still covered a year from now?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Twinkota
Thanks for serving, man I wish I could shake your hand!!!
I am sure you could get a relative or a close friend to take it in??
Be careful over there!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.