Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited to update year model: I have an 04 Rincon, starts and runs fine. Here recently it has got to where when it gets warm it won’t shift. When it’s cool it’s perfect. Any ideas where to start? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
Will it shift in ESP mode?

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
Is the display flashing? Does it still pull good with good power when stuck in whichever gear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, I mistyped my year. It’s an 04. It will shift in and out of reverse/neutral and up to 3rd in auto or esp mode. Pulls good, no noise anywhere that’s not normal. Think I just need an oil and filter change. I’m new to this model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the display flashing? Does it still pull good with good power when stuck in whichever gear.

Nothing out of the normal on the display. Pulls like normal up to 3rd gear then it won’t upshift. Downshifts fine and into neutral or reverse with the hand shifter.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
There are only 3 speeds on a Rincon

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
Yep, the rincon has a 3 speed automotive style automatic transmission. They are touchy on oil levels though. I overfill them to the top of the flat part if the dipstick (roughly 4 quarts if you Jack the front end up when draing).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I’m new to the Rincon. Haven’t had much time to ride it check it out. The seller said that’s the reason they were selling it CHEAP and I took a chance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts