Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup Everyone! Here's the latest from my '05 Rubicon frame swap and restoration.

Quick backstory, cousin gave me the Rubicon after it had been sitting for about 3-4 years. The frame was completely rusted out and some sections were actually missing. Rear diff and axle had no splines, and the front diff had a hole it in the case and was full of dirt. In addition to that, the ball joints were also shot along with tie rods. The motor however was purring like a kitten.

Here's a vid of some of my adventures thus far from the frame swap. Still a lot of work to be done. Currently having an issue with a burnt fuse box and a meter that isn't lighting up and no start at the button. I think the ignition key isn't getting power. Looking to diagnose it tonight probably.

Rear End assembly
Added 01/13/20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6FBwOqWzuc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice job. I'm looking forward to following your progress!
Do you have any upgrades or modifications planned while doing this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice job. I'm looking forward to following your progress!
Do you have any upgrades or modifications planned while doing this?
Thanks! About the only mods it had when I got from my cousin was a 2” lift kit from High Lifter and it was Snorkeled and running 28" Outlaws. For now I'm just trying to get her back to where she's full operational again and as stock as possible (leaving the 2" lift and 28's but not snorkeling for now). There were some minor parts that were missing, not anything that wouldn't allow it to run, but I wanted to make sure it had all parts as it from the factory. I repair small engines for fun (and alil side money) and have always worked on my cars (mainly Honda's), so I haven't come across anything difficult. It's more of becoming informed then proceeding with the repair or replacement. And since the Services Manual is very similar to that of a HELM manual for a Honda Car, I'm able to find what I need. I wish I could capture every little since step on video, but its hard when you're in the moment and you don't want slow down to record. More vids coming though! Subscribe to my youtube channel for the latest! Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts