Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was launching a small dinghy boat and trailer, reversed trailer and released boat, and then changed to 1st gear to go forward.I get maybe a metre and feel something snap and the bike doesn't want to move in any gear (beach is soft with little pebbles). I get it home and test every gear with bike off and it seems like its stuck in neutral. Looking on google it seemed like a chain slipped off in clutch housing so I inspected it and seems like the chain, clutch and centrifugal clutch are algood (don't really know what im looking at but bearings are algood, one-way bearing algood). now im thinking maybe and axle or universal? any advice?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is it 4x4 and does it do anything to put it in four wheel drive?

You could probably pull the boot back from the front of the swing arm and see if the output shaft and/or driveshaft spin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is 4x4 but 4x4 hasn't been working since I bought it second hand. Where is the output shaft and driveshaft located?

·
Registered
107 Posts
The rear driveshaft runs inside the swing arm, and splines onto the output shaft. There is a U joint under the rubber boot by the swing arm pivot.

See if you can slide the boot out of the way enough to see if the U joint/drive shaft spins when you spin the rear wheels with the engine off and in gear.

If the drive shaft does not spin- I’d suspect something in the final drive broke. If it does spin, maybe the shaft splines stripped or something broke in the transmission.

this video might be helpfulhttps://youtu.be/z1-1Q1APijQ

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was launching a small dinghy boat and trailer, reversed trailer and released boat, and then changed to 1st gear to go forward.I get maybe a metre and feel something snap and the bike doesn't want to move in any gear (beach is soft with little pebbles). I get it home and test every gear with bike off and it seems like its stuck in neutral. Looking on google it seemed like a chain slipped off in clutch housing so I inspected it and seems like the chain, clutch and centrifugal clutch are algood (don't really know what im looking at but bearings are algood, one-way bearing algood). now im thinking maybe and axle or universal? any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That happened to me and it was the spline in the ring gear and also the rear driveshaft had mud built up on the motor side and wouldn’t let the driveshaft slide back on the transmission side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts