Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Have yet to hear of any 500 wheel bearing failures, but I am now going to pay closer attention to mine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i just jacked it up doing a routine inspection
and grabbed the wheel and shook it.
thought it was gonna come off in my hand LOL
dealer aired in the parts and had it done in 24 hrs.
no charge for anything

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I keep hearing about all these bearing problems. My Foreman is pushin' 3 yrs. old & we ride a lot in sandy water which is probebly the worst thing for them & mine are still as good as new. I may have bad luck with other things, but bearings so far have been good to me.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm in the process of buying an 07' Foreman, Noticed it was a bit squirly at high speeds, found the bearings to be bad. I've done this on an older Fourtrax, but wanted to know if anybody had advise on where to buy the bearings. I've found some on Ebay, full kit (both sides) for $50 plus shipping. I've heard Honda is not any better than cheap ones. Any other advise?

·
Registered
42 Posts
hmm...i just went to the dealer...i also spent $108 n not 50 but, i wanted to get em done and over wit cuz i ordered some off the net n they were on backorder so i got mad n just went to the dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
buy the moose "sealed" bearings... they are WAYYY better than oem bearings... esp when you ride sandbar to sandbar all day long like we do...

·
Registered
129 Posts
IVE GOT A 05 AND MY RIGHT FRONT THIS WILL BE THE SECOND TIME AROUND ON IT AND FIRST TIME ON LEFT FRONT WHEEL I JUST THOGHT IT WAS BECAUSE OF BIG TIRES BUT SOMEBODY TOLD ME THE ORIGINALS AINT THAT GOOD HONDA SHOP HAS A AFTERMARKET SET BOTH FRONT FOR 59.00

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have had to replace mine 2 or 3 times since I have had my foreman, which is about 3000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just lost my on both sides and I have mud light tires just wondering if the tires was the problem. And plan on doing them myself havent been to the dealership yet to price them anyone have an ideal on what the price should be and what excatly do i need? 2 bearings and 2 seals for each side.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Your dealer replaced bearings for you no charge? Down here bearings are like brake pads and oil. That's routine maintenance, they'd laugh me out of the shop if I asked for new bearings lol. I run 29.5s on mine for a little over a year. I just now need to replace mine

If you buy "AllBalls" bearings they are a sealed bearing and will last you alot longer

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Right front been replaced twice with Allballs bearings and they dont last. Left front is still oem with 7800 miles on it. If you buy the aftermarket ones they come with the seals, if you buy oem you have to buy the seals seperate.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have replaced mine twice (its 2005) but i have 28inch tires on it and the bike has 3800 miles on it. and thats hard riding so wheel bearings are bound to go out not that big of a deal easy to replace

·
Registered
439 Posts
My front bearings started to go at ~2800 miles. I replaced them anyway. There is a great set of instructions some where on this site.

Check the left rear bearing. Mine was totally gone. I am suprised the shaft wasn't damaged.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts