Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about honda disc brakes. I went riding yesterday with a brand new rubicon and another 07 foreman es and a new rincon with about 50 miles on it. Every quad that went through some pot holes with mud would squeaked after they came out including mine. We were trail riding and just had to go through little pot holes that might be 3-4 feet long that had enough mud and water to make a splash maybe 2 feet deep, by no means were we mudding. After we would go through the holes and the quads would apply their brakes they would squeak. If we found a little stream we could ride through just enough to clean off our brakes and then they would be fine again until we went through another pot hole. Is this normal I take it? I though that it was just my quad but I had 4 other hondas with me. The only one that didn't squeak was an older foreman with front drum brakes that actually worked. Just wondering what the deal is with this. This is posted in the foreman 500 forum also. Thanks for any replys

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny you should ask this question. I have an 05 Rubicon with 3,800 miles on it and my brakes just began to squeak. I checked the brakes the other nite and they still have plenty of life left in them. So I guess, I too would love to hear from someone who has a solution to this problem. It's rather annoying and at this point, I have been considering putting in new pads.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Mine also do that when I ride
through mud,doesn't happen that often

·
Registered
163 Posts
It happens to me as well when I go through mud. Sometimes it goes away with water riding sometimes it doesn't. There are a few things that could remedy this. Honda makes a contact break cleaner that dealers sell. It comes in a spray can with a straw to spray through so that you can aim it in by the pads. I usually spray mine after I wash it after a hard ride. Also, some times you can glaze your pads when mud gets on it and they get really hot. It puts kind of like a coating on the pads. If this happens just undo the two allen bolts on the inner side of the brake caliper housing and slide the pads off. Then pass a pretty coarse sand paper between the pads to kind of scrape them up a little. This should help the problem, but I find the contact cleaner helps alot also. Just for some reason the Foreman brakes allow for alot of buildup right in front of the pads along the brake rotor.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Do the Rubicons have 'squealers' like cars, or is that just Rincons? If they are on the Rubi's also, that may be it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.